top of page


Find more useful information on a range of topics relevant to your new life in Canada.

211 Central.jpg
Citizenship and Immigration Canada.jpg

An online list of resources to help you settle in Canada

A directory of community, social and health services offered by the City of Toronto. Dial 211.

Resources for new immigrants, provided by the Government of Canada.

City of Toronto Immigration and Settlement.jpg
Toronto Public Libraries.jpg
Newcomer Information Centre.jpg

An online list of resources to help you settle in the City of Toronto

Programs run by Toronto Public Libraries, which include English classes for newcomers. 

Run by the YMCA, the Newcomer Information Centre can provide settlement support, information, and referrals to other settlement agencies. (416) 968-9622

Screenshot 2024-02-24 at 7.43.38 AM.png

If you wish to access French language training and/or French settlement services, please visit this link to search up and link to the available Francophone providers in your area.


Si vous souhaitez accéder à une formation en langue française et/ou à des services d'établissement en français, veuillez consulter ce lien pour rechercher les prestataires francophones disponibles dans votre région.


Toronto Employment and Social Services.jpg
Employment Ontario.jpg
Foreign Credentials Referral Office.jpg

Resources including employment support, financial benefits, and social supports. (416) 392-295

Employment aid and related services operated by the Government of Ontario.

For information about credential assessments

Ontario Bridge Training Program.jpg
Global experience Ontario.jpg
Health Force Ontario.jpg

For information on programs that help you work in the profession you trained in while outside of Canada.

A portal for internationally-educated professionals to further practice their career in Ontario.

Resources for internationally-educated professionals in the medical field

Health Care


After living in Ontario for a period of three months, you may be eligible for the Ontario Health Insurance Plan if you are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or convention refugee.

Interim Federal Health Program.jpg

Refugees and refugee claimants may be able to access some health services through the Interim Federal Health Program (IFHP). Please call the Centre for more information on how you can access this resource. Contact KMC.

Community Health Centres.jpg

With or without OHIP you can access free healthcare services at your local Community Health Centre (CHC). Click below to find the CHC nearest to you.

Toronto Public Health.jpg

Directory of free healthcare services in Toronto, with or without OHIP. (416) 338-7600

Telehealth Ontario.jpg

Free health advice from a Registered Nurse, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—with or without OHIP. Translation support is available. 1-866-797-0000

Legal Aid

Legal Aid Ontario.jpg

Legal services for low-income individuals. (416) 979-1446

Law Society Referral Service.jpg

Online referral service to find a lawyer or a paralegal, who will provide a free consultation of up to 30 minutes. A crisis line is available Monday to Friday, from 9:00AM to 5:00PM, if you are unable to access the online service. 1-855-947-5255

We are extremely grateful to the generous support of  our funders and partners

Canadian AIDS Treatment.jpg
Community Food Centres.png
Gambling Research Exchange.jpg
Microsoft Foundation.png
New Horizons for Seniors.png
Employment and Social Development Canada.png
bottom of page